Six Ten Brewing – Inaugural Mac & Cheese Competition
Who doesn’t love the ooey gooey goodness of the ultimate comfort food? We want to know who makes the best Mac & Cheese in Tampa!
We’re looking for contestants for our first Mac & Cheese Competition and that means you…
Interested in testing your skills? Here’s what you need to know:
1. The competition will be limited to 20 entries – first come first served
2. You must use a Six Ten beer in your recipe. We will provide a 32 oz grolwer and your choice of beer.
3. You may use any type of pasta and cheese in your dish, any other ingredients are permitted but not required (other than the beer of course). Your entry must be made from scratch, no commercial mix or canned products may be used as the base of your Mac & Cheese.
4. You must supply a minimum of one gallon of Mac & Cheese, delived cooked and ready to go in a crock pot so we can keep it warm.
5. We will provide all utencils, please don’t bring your own, we don’t want to worry about getting them back to you.
6. You must deliver your Mac & Cheese to the brewery between 11am and 1pm on May 21st.
7. If you’d like to compete, please send an email with your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at the brewery.
1. We will select 5 judges at random the day of the event, contestents are not permitted to judge. All guests will vote for Fan Favorite.
2. The judges will be led by a guest judge, Michael Landis a world renound cheese expert from Gourmet Foods International.
3. Entries will be judged on Flavor, Texture and Consistancy
4. Judging will be blind meaning no one knows the identity of the chef
5. Trophies will be awarded for Best In Show, Runner Up and Fan Favorite
Cooking isn’t your thing but you’d really like to dig in and try all the deliciousness? No problem, everyone is welcome to join us!
We will be charging a $5 admission fee for this event which will be a 100% donation to LifePath Hospice.
We can’t wait – see you May 21st!